Should I learn UI & UX at the same time?

Hi, after self-learning UI design for a while, I’m a little bit confused with UX.

• Should I learn both UI & UX at the same time?
  • Should I focus on one first then switch to another later?
2 Likes

Same question here :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Unpopular opinion believes it’s helpful to know a little about UI before learning UX.
I doubt that, I think they should go hand in hand.

At least nowadays with tons of UI design tools, you’ll have one less problem to worry about.
I particularly like Visily since it’s built with tons of prebuilt items, and their Design Assistant is also helpful for me, I have more time to worry about UX. :smiley:

1 Like

Can relate. I used to be just as confused as you are when I first started learning UI. UX seemed really tough at the beginning, but later on, I found out that it’s not that difficult. User behaviors and user research are significant to know before creating any interface layers. Be consistent with your learning everyday, and you’ll make it.

1 Like

Ye, I’m a newbie here and it really make me confused on this. So about UX, do you have any recommendation to approach? Where should I start from?

Same thing me for me, too. A complete newbie with zero knack of UI. With bunch of knowledges and terms, I’m a bit lost and don’t know where to start, either.

1 Like

From my point of view, try learning both of them in parallel.
At the end of the day, both UI & UX knowledge complement each other perfectly for your career path.

Absolutely YESS. UI without UX is like a human without a brain; UX without UI is like a brain without a complete body. You have to know them simultaneously to implement them in your work effectively.

Well i will prefer you learn both

I will recommend taking a course on coursera or Udemy

1 Like

@Decemberian will recommend you start with UX

2 Likes